Are you a...

10/16/11

I'm Ready.

It took me a few weeks to decide if I wanted to post this.
This is the most transparent thing I’ve ever done.
Here we go; this move has been hard on me. I don’t like admitting when something’s been hard or when I’ve been hurt but I have.
Already my life has changed so much. People are replacing me long before I’m gone. I’ve already distanced myself from my best friends in preparation for leaving.
This is not how I wanted it to happen.
I wanted to announce we were leaving and be gone. I don’t like this here but not thing. It’s not working for me.
I want to be in Moscow completely, or not go at all.
I miss my friends, the way we used to be. I don’t even talk to the same people any more.
It’s weird and awkward. I want my old life back; I want everything to be how it was. It was better, perfect for me actually. My friends were the best, better than I could have ever asked for.
This move is already distancing me from them, and I’m not even gone yet. I’m not a fan.
I already miss you Yakima, and the way things were, and I haven’t even left yet.

Yet, with that said I know that God has something better. But I’m sick of hearing that. I want to see it.
I’m ready to see God’s hand and not just have this feeling that something great, and better than I could have ever imagined is coming.
It’s time.

And I’m ready.

2 comments:

  1. Caitmo,
    I want you to know that the honesty you portray in this blog is admirable! I can only imagine that what you are going through must be hard. It's probably somewhat similar in the eyes of your friends...they have already said their "goodbye's" and most likely don't know how to approach you anymore because they are afraid that if they get closer with you, the real goodbye will be harder.

    All I know is I love you, and there is NO WAY that I will ever allow our friendship to fall apart! You are my cadre daughter forever and always! :) Love you girl!

    <3 jessi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jess :)
    I know that they're trying to save themselves from the heartache but it's still really hard on me...
    I love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete