Are you a...

11/26/10

Holding Back

     We're human. We've all made mistakes. Yet, we never feel like we can tell people. We are the absoloute best secret keepers ever. We have a lot of pressure on us, to keep secrets both about other people and oursevles. Where is all this pressure coming from? Our mindset.
    We are the ones putting all the pressure on ourselves. We are making ourselves think we must be perfect, we're convincing ourselves that everyone is watching our every move and judging us. We aren't allowing ourselves to live life to the fullest but concentrating more on what people are thinking about us. We are allowing ourselves to be people pleasers.
    I'm not saying that we don't have hurt, or that we need to buck up and get over it. I'm saying that our worst enemy is often ourselves and that we need to take control of the way we make ourselves feel. We don't need to be perfect. We are human. We are going to make mistakes. Let go of the perfectionistic mind set and live your life as a teenager is supposed to! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad y'all created this blog. I always think i have to be perfect...Another pastor told me the areas I slack in...the congregation will do 10 X's worse. SO I have put an extreme amount of pressure on myself to be absolutely perfect to the earthly eye for exapmple...Dressing appropriate, never speaking out of tounge, obeying my parents every word....but i have been so focused on not messing up that i missed the fun my teen years. Don't let that happen to you.

    ReplyDelete