Are you a...

7/31/10

I am the audience part 3: bitterness

Are you bitter? I know I am. It is so easy to become so without even knowing or trying. At least, that's what I have found in my own life. It was like I just woke up and realized how bitter and angry I was. I looked up bitterness on Dictionary.com. The definitions that stood out to me most were:
1. Having a harsh, disagreeably acrid taste.
and
7. Resentful or cynical: bitter words.
Is the feeling inside you like a disagreeable taste? Are you resentful and cynical? So how can we abolish bitterness in our lives and how can we keep it from coming back? Well, first thing is first, you probably have a reason that you're bitter. Could be something that happened to you once that made you this way. What are you bitter about? About being a PK? Are you mad at God for making you the child of a pastor? Or it could be caused by hurt from lack of acceptance for who you are. Maybe you tried something and failed so many times that it has caused you to be bitter. Whatever it is, you need to let go of it. Letting go is a painful thing, especially if you have held on to this anger or hurt for a long time. Give it up to God and ask him to fill that place in your heart that was once filled with bitterness.  God wants you to love and trust without having a bad taste in your mouth so SPIT IT OUT! It's not okay to be bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment