Are you a...

3/25/12

God's Hand of Protection

Lately I've been asking God why we haven't moved yet. My dad spends half of his time in another time and comes home talking about this 'amazing new town!' that he 'can't wait to have us all living in.' Yet, no more action has been taken in selling the house and I can't help but feel ignored or forgotten by God. Like he got my dad there most of the time and that's good enough the rest of the family can just manage. I know that that is by no means true, but I can't help but feel that way.
Every time I pray about it and ask "Why God? Why?" His immediate response is always "I'm protecting you. Just wait." Ugh, patience is not my strong suit! But, trusting in God, I can do.
If he says he is protecting me from something, okay, I can handle that. He's protected me from so much!
Almost two years ago I spent a very short amount of time in the hospital. My throat swelled and I was put in the ER one night and given albuterol and a heart steroid before going home. I was using these as prescribed when the heart steroid made things way worse. I was checked back into the hospital but this time given epinephrine. I was terrified. I had to be checked in and stay overnight, not exactly my favorite time of that summer to say the least. It was an intense three days for my family. After my overnight stay they eventually let me go home provided that I also get saline and a nebulizer (shaped like a penguin!), that I used once.
During the second trip to the hospital I was given a different doctor. He noticed something on my thyroid while my throat was all swollen. I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid and was sent to Children's to figure out exactly what it was. By the time the appointment at Children's came up (about two months later), I was not afraid at all! To me God had proved his greatness by just keeping me alive after the whole throat swelling incident. I was totally at peace for this appointment.
My doctor at Children's told us that what I have on my thyroid is something fairly common, it's called a nodule and it does absolutely nothing to me. He did say I needed to come back every year to a year and half just to be absolutely certain, and we have been! Nothing's changed.
This is just one of the major times in my life where I realized how intensely God's hand of protection is over my life. I have so many others!
I will never fully understand God's goodness and the things he has protected me from, but I trust Him.
If he says he's protecting me from something in Moscow, Idaho then sobeit. He's in charge and I'm not. He wants here in Yakima still, for my protection. Okay. I'm along for the ride. And I can't wait to look back to see all the twists and turns I took to get there.

2 comments:

  1. Just a thought. Last week I was watching how well you interact with students in the youth group. My thoughts, being a former youth pastor's wife, was what a blessing you are during this time for that group of students. In the last two years this group of students has seen two different youth pastors. But you have been there. You have been strong and you are part of the reason the reason the group is sticking together. You are a important part of God's team right here and right now. Maybe he needs this sacrifice just a little bit longer to protect not you but the group of students you have been with for the last 5-7 years of your life. Thank you for your influence on this group and for helping it stay strong during these times of change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) That kind of ties in with my next blog! We'll see how long it takes me to actually get it done but thank you very VERY much :)

    ReplyDelete