Are you a...

10/12/12

Life is unpredictable, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

We're already six weeks into the school year! That's 1/6 of the way done with senior year I cannot believe it's flying by so fast! And I have already learned so much! Not only in school, but about this town, the people in it, and myself.

Before moving here everyone told me I was "lucky to be getting a fresh start," and they "always wished they could have been new at least once." Well, let's just start by saying being new is NOTHING like the movies make it seem. You become a loner against your will and nothing you do can change that. My plan of action? Make one good friend in each class and pray I survive. So far that plan is working really well!

Sure I miss my friends back home, but I can't let that keep me from making new friends! Just like everyone back home didn't let their life stop when we moved away, I won't let my life stop just because I moved away.

I'm not going to lie and say it's been nothing but fun! Every day is a blast! No. There have been days where I just came home feeling defeated and like everything just went wrong that day. But, I learned that every day is a new day! Just because yesterday sucked doesn't mean today has to. Yes, life is rough. Yes, everyone faces challenges and frustration, but does that mean we can just give up and whine about life? Not at all.

The day after feeling defeated and alone are always the best for me. Somehow I have already been blessed with friends that are extremely nice and friendly. I haven't met anyone here that I just completely don't like! Sure, there are some that I like better than others, but there's no one that I 'hate' or purposefully avoid.

Life over here really is fun! Sure, people don't really understand what Yakima is like, but how can I expect them to when I don't even fully understand Moscow, yet.

I'm refusing to let bad days make me feel like I've had a bad life. Sure, senior year isn't as I always thought it would be, but does that mean I can say my life sucks? Not at all.

Moscow is a great new home and I wouldn't trade my senior year for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment